The South Dakota Badlands Loop is an amazing ride that traverses some of the most unique landscapes in the entire United States. This route starts in Wall, South Dakota and heads South and East through Badlands National Park. There are many places to pull off and view the scenery or hike on this part of the ride.
The next leg of this ride heads back East across the prairies to the town of Scenic. From there you will turn South for a stop at the Wounded Knee Cemetery and Massacre Monument.
More riding across the prairie brings you back to the Ben Reifel Visitor Center and the park exit. After exiting Badlands National Park, this route takes you to the Minuteman Missile Visitors Center before returning to Wall.
Approximate Mileage: 220 Miles
Estimated Riding Time: 4.5 Hours
Road Surface: Paved
- Wall - Wounded Knee Museum
- Badlands Loop - Pinnacles Overlook, Ancient Hunters Overlook, Yellow Mounds Overlook, Conata Basin Overlook, Homestead Overlook, Burns Basin Overlook, Prairie Wind Overlook, Panorama Point, Bigfoot Pass Overlook, White River Valley Overlook, Fossil Exhibit Trailhead,
- Wounded Knee - Wounded Knee Cemetery, Wounded Knee Massacre Monument
- Interior - Ben Reifel Visitor Center, Cliff Shelf Trail, Castle/Window/Door/Notch Trailhead, Big Badlands Overlook,
- Phillip - Prairie Homestead, Minuteman Missile Visitor Center
Motorcycle Rides, Black Hills, Wall, Interior, Scenic, Wounded Knee, Phillip
South Dakota Badlands Loop
If you are riding with a group, we ask that every person using our route for navigation purchase their own copy.
In order to encourage this, we are happy to offer a discount for group purchases. Please contact us after purchasing 1 item at full price, and we will set up a coupon code that will give everyone in your group 50% off of the same item.
Our digital routes are designed to operate in most GPS devices. In addition to GPSs, our routes should work with several smartphone apps. They will NOT work on Google Maps or Apple Maps.
If you plan on using a smartphone app, we recommend the REVER app. REVER will work with both Android and iOS and in addition to navigation it has many other great features.
For best results in REVER, download the route to your computer first, then import into your smartphone. Turn by turn may not work, so we recommend that you utilize the "Follow the Line" option.
You can get 20% off your first year’s subscription to REVER by following THIS LINK.
AND using this coupon code at checkout: Driftlessforless.
By using this link and coupon code a portion of your subscription fee will go to support Driftless Roads USA.